Friday, September 17, 2010

The Road

It's weird, I sit here in my dull lit room just thinking about life and what will happen in the next few years. I have a career to start thinking about, friends that are coming and going in my life faster than my college experience has gone. But out of all of this "stuff" thats going on in my head and the numerous questions that i have about life, I'm curious as to where I am going.
Life has so much to offer and i can't help but think that I might be missing something along the way. Was it someone i was suppose to meet? or a relationship i was to have but never got around to it? A discipline that i should have learned while still under the protection and safety of my parents home? Or maybe a parable that I needed to put into practice. Whatever it was i can't help but think that any chance i had to obtain it is slipping through my fingers like smoke. so many questions so little time, so much to do and not enough time to do it. The road is going to be long and the potholes will be large, I do not know where it is taking me or how I will end up but I can tell you that i will hasten after the goal. To run the race and achieve the prize, thats all we can do right ? Well maybe not. There is one Ideal, one truth that keeps me going straight on the road of life and one person who holds my life in his hands. As i walk this road I will fall...i will get scraped up, and he will pick me up again. He was, is, and is to come. This season of life will pass and the next one will roll in faster than the previous, but he IS.

No comments:

Post a Comment